Cloud Raxak Automates VMware Security Compliance in the IBM Cloud

2000px-IBM_logo.svgvmworld

 

Cloud Raxak's CTO Sesh Murthy at VMworld giving a theater presentation on automating regulatory compliance in the IBM Cloud.

Cloud Raxak’s CTO Sesh Murthy at VMworld giving a theater presentation on automating regulatory compliance in the IBM Cloud.

At VMworld in Las Vegas August 28th-Sept 1st, IBM and Cloud Raxak met with businesses to discuss how to seamlessly and cost-effectively manage the security compliance of VMware workloads on-premise and in the IBM Cloud.  With Raxak Protect, enterprises can now quickly and securely move to the cloud to re-engineer their business processes and reduce security compliance costs 40-60%.  Cloud Raxak demonstrated how to eliminate non-IT user risk by integrating security compliance into the VMware vRealize IT service catalog.  A line of business user with no security experience can now provision a VM (on the IBM cloud or on-prem) with a CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) defined security profile (eg.PCI-DSS).  The unique combination of the IBM Cloud, Cloud Raxak, and VMware provides a seamless and cost-effective way to leverage the cloud, manage risk, and maintain continuous security compliance. 

VMware Forecasts that Automation Will Enable 50% of IT Workloads to Move to the Hybrid Cloud by 2021

At VMworld, Pat Gelsinger, CEO of VMware, outlined how automation will enable enterprises to quickly move to the hybrid cloud.  In 2016, 73% of the 160 million global IT workloads run on traditional non-automated IT infrastructure while the remaining 27% (12% private, 15% public) run in the cloud. Gelsinger is expecting a rapid transition to the hybrid cloud.  “Growth in private and public cloud is growing exponentially with the greatest growth in the public cloud,” Gelsinger said, “By 2021, 50% of global IT workloads will be in a mix of public and private clouds.”  The use of traditional non-automated IT infrastructure will fall from 73% to 50% during that time frame.

Realizing the Transition to Hybrid Cloud is Extremely Challenging

When evaluating public cloud services, most customers find they are constrained by the amount of change or rework needed to run their applications in the public cloud.  Customers that choose a generic cloud service realize that they can’t manage IT as one fungible pool of resources.  They also realize that the cost and complexity of security compliance is their responsibility.  Given these challenges, enterprises quickly lose the flexibility and total cost of ownership (TCO) benefits originally perceived with public cloud computing.

IBM, Cloud Raxak, VMware Make it Easy to Transition to the Hybrid Cloud

At VMworld, VMware and IBM announced the availability of their Cloud Foundation and Cross-Cloud Service offerings that enable enterprise to quickly and easily move enterprise workloads to the hybrid cloud.  These jointly designed offerings enable customers to automatically provision pre-configured VMware Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) environments on the IBM Cloud in a matter of hours rather than weeks and months.

To complement the IBM and VMware solution, Cloud Raxak showed how to automate security compliance for VMware on-prem and in the IBM Cloud.  Through the VMware vRealize catalog, Cloud Raxak makes it easy for enterprises to maintain security compliance while transitioning to the hybrid cloud.  With Raxak Protect,  enterprises can:

  • move regulated workloads to the cloud and
    main1 catalogtain continuous compliance
  • deliver consistent security compliance across on-premise bare metal, private and public clouds
  • reduce cloud security compliance costs by 40%-60%
  • decrease security risk by removing vulnerabilities
  • provide evidence of regulatory compliance to auditors
  • accelerate app development by integrating compliance into DevOps

IBM, Forrester, Cloud Raxak Webinar

To learn more about how intelligent automation enables enterprises to move securely to VMware on the IBM Cloud, view our September 14th IBM, Forrester, and Cloud Raxak webinar.  Forrester discussed cloud and security trends, and why automation is key to leveraging the cloud, reducing the cost and complexity of security compliance, and decreasing security risk.

View the webinar to gain valuable cloud, security, and regulatory compliance insights from IBM, Forrester, and Cloud Raxak!

Receive cloud security news and insights.

Back to Top